I thought the day when my children's homework was too hard for me was still years away. Surely, as a college-educated woman, I could make it through at the very least, junior high before I started getting in over my head. Apparently not. I made it five and half months into kindergarten. For the record, I DID eventually come up with the answer, but it took me twenty minutes. Sheesh!
One of Noah's homework questions was to draw two things that END with the "b" sound. Noah couldn't even think of one. I immediatly thought of "tub" and gave him a few hints. He caught on, drew a bathtub and then we set about trying to think of a second word. Seriously.. think about it for a minute. I didn't want to use words with a silent "b" sound like, " comb" and "thumb" because that concept is a bit difficult. I had a heck of a time coming up with a simple word ending in the "b" sound that he can draw. We walked around the house and honest-to-goodness after twenty minutes, I walked back into the kitchen feeling defeated and a little embarrassed that Noah must think I'm a complete moron when I spotted Zoe sitting at the table eating , wearing her BIB! WHEW!! Thank goodness that assignment is over with.
The other one was to go on a bug hunt and draw a few favorite bugs. This is not the time of year for that.... we walked all over the back yard, looked in the playhouse, under the slide. No bugs. So, we pretended we were in Texas where there are bugs-a-plenty. Noah came back in, sketched a butterfly and a caterpillar and we called it done.
I think I am going to have to get my Master's degree in order to get him through to the 4th grade.
No comments:
Post a Comment