I am the mighty pine.
I’ve seen the forest burn below me.
My foundation is scarred but still I stand.
The winds toppled the giant oak beside me
but I bend and sway
never breaking
never falling
high and mighty above the rest.
I am the rock
nestled beside the raging river.
I’ve weathered her anger;
allowing the torrent to
smooth and soften me
but still
never breaking
never falling
I become more beautiful
as the waves polish and make me shine.
I am the tiny crocus seed
beneath the frozen earth;
waiting to spring forth and bloom
alone in the barren winter landscape
never breaking
never falling
I flower against the odds
a symbol that there is hope.
I am hope.
My past does not rule me.
My family does not dictate me.
I am my own spirit
free and loving
never breaking
never falling
always choosing
peace.
your poetry is wonderful! love it!
ReplyDeleteWe need a like button!
ReplyDeleteAwesome.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteJennifer, this is a lovely poem. I love how the focus starts so large, moves so small and then becomes so infinite. The imagery is truly breathtaking. I'm glad you took the leap and you're right that your blog should be about all the parts of you! (Of course, mine's a humorous blog and I'm trapped in it...!)
ReplyDeleteAmazing!! I agree with the previous poster!
ReplyDelete