Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Dog, A Medley, Poop and a Favorite Television Show

Since one of the main reasons I started this blog was to document the little things my kids do and say so I don't forget them in the future, I sometimes include posts with random snippets of conversation around our house.

The highlight reel from this week includes:

[Noah talking to his MeMaw on the phone] "We got a dog, she's a boxer!" [pause] "No, she's not white, she's, ummm... [I'm waiting for "tan", "brown", "beige" or even her official color of "fawn"] ... she's hardwood floor color!"

[Zoe was walking through the living room, totally ATE IT- cartoon-style with legs flying in the air- jumped up, brushed herself off, giggled and said,] "I was being on the People Fall Down Show. " [ the name she uses to refer to Wipeout]

[I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth when Noah came in and remarked that I needed to hurry because he had to go poop. I told him I would be done in a second and he was mouthing at me while walking down the hallway. I walked out of the bathroom and yelled,] "NOAH- JUST GO POOP ALREADY AND STOP SASSING ME!" [He continued to sass me and I yelled at him to,] "JUST GO POOP, NOAH!" And I heard Zoe reply with a great deal of attitude herself, "YEAH, Bubba!" [dramatic sigh] "Go poop. You GET a lollipop!" *

And finally, Zoe's, um, creative medley of the songs she's been singing at preschool: [imagine this sung at full volume in the minivan with a captive audience]

"Twinkle, twinkle, traffic light
On the corner shining bright
Red means stop
Green means go.
W-X-Y and Z
Now I know my A-B-C's
Won't my Mo-mmy be so proud of me
I'm squishing up my baby bumble bee
Won't my Mo-mmy be so proud of me.
TA-DA!"




*Zoe is potty trained as far as pee goes, but poop still requires bribery. She gets a lollipop when she goes poop on the potty.


2 comments:

  1. Squishing up her baby bumble bee?!?...that's goooood stuff right there! Little ones are good about giving us something to laugh about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I'm sure you were a captive audience. Actually, if you sing it out loud it kinda works! hehehe

    Stopping by from SITS - I'm in your Tribe. hehehe

    ReplyDelete