Thursday, October 28, 2010

Slacker

This year has really thrown me off my game. I feel like I am perpetually behind and running around like a chicken with my head cut off whereas normally I am on top of things. It is a combination of both of my kids being in school and now having functions, permission slips, information forms, required meetings AND my husband's night schedule that has him either home and occupying me during the day OR home and sleeping requiring me to either be very quiet around the house or be out of the house all day. How's THAT for a run-on sentence? I won't be correcting it, because the chaos and lack of organization in that sentence accurately reflects the same in my life right now.

Normally this time of year, I have whipped up awesome Halloween crafts, cards, projects, treats and costumes but I have accomplished NOTHING this year. Nada. I am thankful that I somehow managed to delegate the kids' costumes to other people, because I don't know that I would have done it had the responsibility fallen to me. And that is so not me. I hate feeling like this.

The last crafty thing I accomplished was Zoe's Ice Cream Parlour birthday party in August. For today's Mama Kat's Workshop, one of the prompts was to "show us something you've created for Halloween" and I am going to link up this post from Halloween last year. I just wanted to have an explanation in case someone followed the link and then landed on my current posts.

If you have been with me for awhile, I apologize for the repeat, but if you are new.. enjoy!

Hopefully I will get my groove back soon. Has anyone seen it?

Mama's Losin' It

4 comments:

  1. We carved ONE pumpkin lastnight, and that was only because it was due for Abby's class today. The other two are waiting to be hacked and mistreated at some point before Sunday. Lucas' costume still doesn't have some of its key components...guess I should work on that today. And last year we had decorations in the yard, lights in the trees, and a few other what-nots, but have done nothing this year, either.

    Oh well, such is life, RIGHT?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't done a single thing to get ready for Halloween. Oh wait, that's not true. I did brainstorm and figure out costumes. And by "brainstorm," I actually meant that I asked my friends for ideas...

    Don't worry. Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the material to make my son's Indiana Jones satchel he'll carry. Have the hat. Need to figure out a shirt and find a whip. Still noodling through how to make my daughter into a black cat. Last-minute Lucy here understands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so out of it. This is a crazy busy time of year for me. Like it starts in October and just gets more and more insane until Christmas is over.

    ReplyDelete