Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hooooo Dat?

There is a FABULOUS contest going on over at SITS right now to win a Canon Rebel T2i. Saturday we were supposed to link a blog with pictures and the theme of Halloweens past. Today, we are supposed to show something crafty we made for Halloween and tomorrow, we will link up what our kids dressed as this year.

Friday, while my daughter was wearing her costume and enjoying a Halloween party at pre-school, my son was costume-less and enjoying a Fall Festival. His school opted out of Halloween celebrations a few years ago because they didn't like excluding the children that didn't celebrate Halloween. That meant, no more character days or costume parades and absolutely none of the cupcakes, cookies, candies or decorations could having anything to do with Halloween. We got a very specific letter regarding what was and was not allowed. Only fall and harvest-themed items. In addition, the letter explained that each grade was tasked with bringing a specific item. Second grade was awarded the cupcakes.

I had tons of ideas for cute Halloween cupcakes, but was really struggling with fall. I pondered it for a bit- What makes me think of fall? Leaves, scarecrows, owls, harvest moons and, ahem, HALLOWEEN! I let the last one go and then turned to my best friend for ideas- Google.

After looking at page after page of cupcakes, here is what I finally decided to make. I think they are adorable!

"Whooooooo's not a Halloween cupcake? We are, that's WHOOOOO!" [ba-dum-bump]

Because of peanut allergies in the school, everything had to be checked for peanut contamination labels. I used a cake mix and frosting that were peanut-free, the Oreos are peanut-free and the original idea called for M&M's for eyes and a cashew for the nose, so I substituted Skittles for both.

Now, whooooo's the cutest cupcake ever?

Alright, WISE GUY, I'm looking at you!

I don't give a hoot what you think, stop your screeching or I'm crying fowl.

Alright.. you can quit cringing, I'm done.


4 comments:

  1. That is a super-cute little cupcake batch there, missy. You are quite the crafty woman. My crafty gene has gone missing ever since my two younger girls were born. It's there, buried deep down somewhere, but currently inaccessible. I have had to come to terms with never measuring up to the moms who make intricate Halloween costumes or make owl-eyed cupcakes.

    *wink*

    Those look yummy too. Were they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...we happen to have the same best friend...I love google! The cupcakes are adorable and you did an awesome job!
    You can check out my craftiness over at:
    http://spottedsmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! Had to write this one down for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those are the cutest cupcakes ever.

    ReplyDelete