I grew up on the gulf coast where we didn't have seasons. It was hot, hotter and football weather (which is jacket weather in southeast Texas, but still short-sleeved weather further north). I once saw a "travel Texas" ad in Texas Monthly that said, "Sure we have winter in Texas! Last year, it was on a Tuesday." I think that about sums it up.
So, when we landed in New Jersey ten years ago, I was plunged right into winter without getting to experience fall first. I hate cold weather and I hate snow. I was miserable. But the following autumn, I was amazed. And right then and there, I fell in love with New Jersey. Don't get me wrong, when winter rolls around, I still have a love/hate relationship with the area, but I can honestly say that three out of the four seasons, I love it here!
Fall is hands down, my favorite! Such beautiful colors!







Gorgeous, right?! And, that fence shot is actually pretty spooky! Like a haunted house or something!
ReplyDeleteThose are just so beautiful. And you are right, we don't have anything like that here. We go from green to dead if you remember.
ReplyDeleteSuper cool pix! My favorites are the first, and the 2nd to last, but they are all really great. Could you please just put me in your pocket the next time you go outside so that I can share in the awesome autumn glory that you are enjoying?!?
ReplyDeleteIsn't it awesome. I grew up in Charleston, SC so the weather is very similar. Growing up, I have pictures of us wearing shorts and tees to ride bikes on Christmas day, with green trees and green grass.
ReplyDeleteMy first autumn I experieced in Valley Forge, PA and I was 25. It was so beautiful and amazing and colorful and just wow. It's hard to explain how Autumn makes you feel when you see it for the first time as an adult.
Jen, soooo beautiful!!! i really really miss that - i grow up in korea where have 4 clear season... enjoy!!
ReplyDelete