Monday, November 1, 2010

The NUMBER ONE Reason Why I Change the Face Towel at Least Twice a Day

We live in a small house. It only has one bathroom.

Let me repeat that. We only have ONE bathroom.

Since everyone uses the same bathroom all the time, I generally changed the face/hand towel every few days. And up until a few weeks ago, that has been sufficient.

For the first time in the twelve years my husband and I have been married, we've run out of towels. They are all in the wash. "What has contributed to this great towel shortage?", you might ask.

Several weeks ago, I was drying my face after washing it and noticed the towel smelled... off. I thought maybe I had left it a little long and forgotten to change it out, so I changed it and went about my day.

The next day, the towel smelled bad again. I can't describe the smell.. it isn't anything specific, just used. I thought perhaps there had been an increase in dirty-child-hand/face-washing activity, so I changed the towel and put it behind me.

The next day, same thing. The towel needed changing and I could not figure out what was going on... until two weeks later.

I walked into the bathroom one evening to assist in the nightly toothbrushing routine just in time to catch Zoe as she finished peeing on her little potty. I watched as she got up, took the bowl out of her little potty, dumped it in the big potty, rinsed the bowl out in the bathroom sink and then WIPED IT DRY WITH THE FACE TOWEL!

Mystery solved.

Just to be safe, if I miss supervising Zoe's potty time, I change the towel.

And THAT is why we are out of towels.

And bleach.

11 comments:

  1. Did you KISS DJ after washing your face on any of these evenings with the "off" smelling face towels?! Because that would be even funnier now that you know why they had the funky smell. HAHAHA Zoe keeps you in FUNNY posts. Little kids are hysterical!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But not the skeevies. Leave it to kids to gross you out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great story, Jennifer! She is really something, that little Zoe! She probably thinks she's doing a pretty good grown-up girl job, cleaning it and drying it, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH!

    Yeah, I literally can't decide if I should laugh or cry or just quickly go change out our hand towels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL....that is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how funny...somethig is just better not to know!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent! Glad I stopped in for a chuckle tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nuh-UH!!! Oh gee, gotta love the grossness of little ones. :-)

    ONE bathroom??? Really?! Wow. I am amazed. I think it's time to buy new hand towels to up your supply. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. No flipping way. That is hilarious : ) So glad you solved the mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! Gross! I wonder if my kids have been doing that with my towels, too???

    ReplyDelete