Oftentimes, parents wonder how their actions will one day affect their children. Mostly, we have to wait until they are adults to find out how their early experiences manifest themselves later, but every once in awhile, we get a quick turnaround in feedback.
My last blog was about my decorating the house for Valentine's Day and a recap of my Halloween antics. I have often wondered if the kids will remember fondly the goofy things I did for their entertainment. I hope they will. I know at least one kid enjoys the shenanigans well enough to take them on himself.
On Sunday, Noah came to me and told me that he wanted me to raise his blinds. I had just opened them while leaving them down, but he found it necessary for me to completely raise them, because he was decorating his window for President's Day. Intrigued, I quickly complied.
A little while later, I snuck back there to see what he came up with. I was impressed, his work was good for a five-year old!! I requested rights to turn his display around facing his room and take pictures. The display, in its original form, is facing outward so that those outside may see it.

After showering him with praise ( and of course putting the display back as I found it.. facing outward) I left his room and on my way out, I encountered this:

He told me he was starting his decorations for Easter.
how cute
ReplyDeleteAwww! That's awesome!
ReplyDeleteHe is SO smart that it is scary sometimes!
ReplyDelete