Thursday, May 6, 2010

Teacher Appreciation

Tomorrow is the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon at Noah's school. I just finished making my edible contribution about an hour ago and then went on to tackle my personal gift for Noah's teacher. True to form, I waited until the last minute. I mean, really, I don't work well, unless under pressure.

I found three of these cute little lunchboxes on clearance at Michael's this past summer and knew I would eventually find a use for one or all of them. Noah's teacher gives stickers for completed homework, so I bought a bunch of sticker packs in various themes and a gift card to Barnes and Noble and packed them in the lunchbox. I think it turned out pretty cute.
FRONT:

BACK:






I also want to take a moment to thank all of the teachers. Once our kids start school, they spend more time with them than we do and have a great deal of influence on our children. They not only teach them academics, but manners, morales, how to be a good friend and neighbor, how to be impartial and spark that belief in them that anything is truly possible.

I am amazed every day at what all Noah has learned. Just today, he came home with math homework that included finding the range of a set of numbers. He knew how to do it without me telling him. He's in the first grade. I think I might have learned range somewhere around fourth or fifth grade. Wow.

So, thank you to Ms. Marcie and Ms. Florina (PK3), Mrs. King and Mrs. Brown ( PK4), Mrs. Salkowski and Ms. Kim (K) and finally to Miss Gray his first grade teacher this year. You all have molded my son into the sweet, sensitive, funny, smart, full-of-wit-and-wisdom little man that he is today.





2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet Jen. You have a very smart boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what the kids come home having learned those first years! The teachers use such finesse knowing what the kids are ready for!

    Lovely gifts, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete