Monday, June 7, 2010

Fictional Friskiness

Linda, at Bar Mitzvahzilla, has unknowingly bestowed an entire weekend of giggles on me.

Giggling, like, fourteen-year-old schoolgirl giggling.

And an eye-rolling conversation with my husband. (with his eyes retreating into the back of his noggin, not mine)



You, see, she participated in and then passed on to me, the Plastic Joy Award. It comes complete with a disturbing little picture of Barbie attacking Ken- and I never really understood the attraction there. Ken looked too plastic to me (duh!) and... well... he was a eunuch. What's hot about that? So, it's safe to say that Ken is off MY list, but what I did have to do is come up with five fictional characters with whom I would like to, ummm, do the horizontal boogaloo. *giggle*

So without further ado- and because it rhymes with boogaloo-

1. The year was 1989, I was sixteen years old and a new television series began.

Enter Neil Patrick Harris as Doogie Howser, M.D. - a super-smart, sixteen year old doctor who was torn between his adult working world and his teenage drama with his girflriend-I think Rhonda was her name. I still think Neil Patrick Harris is pretty hot, even though I know I would be barking up the wrong tree, so to speak.

2. This next one was hard because I like the actor in general and had to pick my favorite character, so I picked Jake Anderson from Must Love Dogs- played by John Cusack.



3. Adorning my wall in the form of fold-out posters lovingly ripped from Teen Beat magazine, were posters of one Mr. Jason Bateman. I thought we were destined to be together because his birthday is just one day after mine (he's four years older, but who's counting?). He appeared first in some episodes of Silver Spoons with Ricky Schroeder and then starred in the sitcom It's Your Move as Matthew Burton, which sadly only lasted eighteen episodes.





4. Okay, I don't really want to admit this one, because it makes me feel like one of those old, trying-to-hold-on-to-her-youth moms that is into what all the teenagers are into. But, the truth is, I can't deny this... I think the character, Jacob Black from the Twilight movies (and books) is HAWT! When I saw pictures of Taylor Lautner in the movie promos for New Moon, my heart went all a-flutter. Then, I saw that, at the time, he was only seventeen years old and I felt like a bit of a pedophile. But I reasoned with myself that they just didn't MAKE seventeen-year-old boys like that when I was seventeen! (See #1) WOW! So, I realize this is a bit creepy, but I am totally outing myself as a member of Team Jacob, even though I know how the whole saga ends. I will just say Bella can have Edward, I'll take Jake! And I will conclude this with a quote from Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live (she was referring to Justin Beiber): "[He's] so cute, I don't know if I want to marry him or put him in a stroller and push him around the mall!" Yeah.. just like that.
And I'm gonna comment on this and give a nod to Linda at the same time, "I'm verklempt! Oy, indeed." (How'd I do, Linda?)


5. Although I will never watch this movie again- because I cried; and by "cried" I mean I sobbed, snorted, sniveled and downright ugly-cried myself through this movie- I feel the need to nominate the character Noah Calhoun played by Ryan Gosling in The Notebook. He never gave up on their love, from the humble beginnings until the heart-wrenching end.



Okay, so now I have to pass this on to five other bloggers. So, I'm giving it to:

1. Jennifer @ Momma Made It Look Easy- because she's my fellow-Texan, I actually know her in real life, she's hilarious and she mentioned she likes trashy romance novels- so I am dying to know who her fictional characters would be.
2.Lesley @ I Never Said I Was June Cleaver- because she's my cousin, was my first best friend and partner in crime, is new to blogging and although I don't know if she wants to participate in this kind of thing, I think her responses would probably be pretty good too.
3.Julie @ Just a Wee Bit Busy- fellow-scrapbooker/crafty mom, person that is insanely busy carting her kids around to gymnastics, golf, soccer, school, etc, but always seems to get it done AND manage to document it all with excellent picture evidence and time to scrapbook it. I want her organizational skills and superpowers.
4.Aimee @ We Could Not Ask for More- fellow Jersey girl, scrapbooker and busy mom of four children! An adorable set of triplets Zoe's age and a beautiful red-headed son, Drew. And I don't mean, "He's your child, so I will say he's beautiful because that's the nice thing to do." I mean.. he actually was flown to L.A. because he was chosen to participate in a child-modeling competition. He's beautiful.
5.Valorie @ On the Pursuit of life, Liberty, and Happiness- she's a college student at Texas A&M university and I enjoy reading her insight on life and reliving my college years vicariously through her. She's ambitious, intelligent and a dreamer... I think she will go on to do great things.

6 comments:

  1. I am so with you on #4...But my question is can I be on Team Edward and Team Jacob at the same time...Hmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE the bit about "Team Jacob". And seriously, how could you NOT fantasize over that? I mean, look at those jeans! Pedophile, or not, Mr. Lautner could make the vintage "ToughSkins" with the stiff square knee patches, that didn't fold correctly LOOK GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I don't want to push him around in a stroller...

    And I DON'T like trashy romance novels. Although I did read one this weekend because it was all I had and I have to say... nah, I'm not going to say. (someone gave it to me)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. Your list is excellent, though I have to admit I don't like Lautner just because he's part of the Twilight craze. I know, awful. :/ Did you see Cusack in Serendipity? I loved him in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, Jennifer, you knocked this one out of the park!!! And good job on the Yiddish, girl! (I'm preparing a post with Yiddish words #2, so don't worry, we'll get some more!)

    I think Doogie Howser is cute. Hey, I liked DANNY BONADUCE, for goodness sakes! Did you look at that picture?

    And great Tina Fey quote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, now how am I supposed to word this for my 82 year old grandma who reads this? And characters, I'm thinking on this. The pressure, Jennifer, the pressure!!

    ReplyDelete