So, yeah. No more babies. I am ready to move on to a world without diapers ( we are so close, I can feel it) and having to pack an enormous bag everywhere I go. I am ready to have children that aren't quite so needy all the time. It's nice when they gain a little independence.
Yes, no more babies.
But, it is on those days when I am sorting through all my (gazillion) files of pictures on my hard drive and I come across photos like this:

(Noah@ 14 months)
...that my ovaries lurch, throwing off the cobwebs and perch, ready to spring into action.
But, then, I run across things like this:
(Noah throwing a fit at 23 months while his parents laughed and recorded it)
...and this:
(Zoe during the Epic Sleep Battle of Fall '09- the banging noise is her kicking her door, the video was shot at 3:30 am and the short version of the entire story is that she learned to crawl out of her crib, chaos ensued, and it took me NINE WEEKS- almost on my own, my husband was away six weeks- to get her to sleep through the night again!)
And yes, no more babies.
*If you would like to catch up on the sleep battle, you can read about it here ,here, here and the gripping finale, here.
** Also, I am linking up today with Dumb Mom's Old School Friday and Friday Follow.
Bud pitches fits like that one of Noah sometimes. We laugh too.
ReplyDeleteNew follower from Friday-Follow! Looking forward to getting to know you :)
ReplyDeletehttp://cheeriosandtricycles.blogspot.com
I decided during my pregnancy with Erin not to have anymore children because I had two horrible pregnancies and was getting sicker with each one. Within the last year I thought about what a terrible decision I made because Jonathan wanted more kids. We discussed it one night and he said he was glad that I made that choice because he was afraid of what might have happened had I become pregnant again. Well, within 23 months of having Erin, I had a tumor burst and nearly died anyway. I see babies and think I want one, but I cherish the two I have and feel that I have been blessed with them and that is sufficient for me. I still feel pangs of desire for another child, but it subsides and I think some day we may adopt if it is God's plan for us. It is hard to close a door, but look at what you already have inside that door. Mary
ReplyDeleteO. M. G. And to think that you wrestled the dragon for NINE WEEKS!?! The gold star goes to you, Jennifer! It's a whole new ball of wax when you have to deal with temper fits in the middle of the night...and, boy, that baby can scream! HAHAHA I loved it when she would scream MOMMY! and then follow it immediately with the blood curdling scream MMOOOMMMMMMMMYYYYY!!!!!
ReplyDeleteNote to Zoe: Check out mommy's blog before you call to cry on her shoulder about temper tantrums that YOUR children are throwing. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Great Blog!! I am your newest follower. Found you on Friday-Follow!
ReplyDeleteKyAnn
http://checketts-myers-clan.blogspot.com
Such a cute video, I mean photo. The photo was cute. The video...well, the photo was cute. I want more babies. I know I can not have them and I'm pretty sure I don;t need them, but I want them so very much. I'm a greedy brat, I know, but I can't help myself. Even all of my tantruming videos don't stop me from wishing I could do it all again.
ReplyDeletehehe=) i still sleep with my girls.... and about the potty, i thought it went well till yesterday night - i clean #2 on carpet...lol
ReplyDeletethis is war, i wish there is easier way to deal with this...
btw, your boy's baby picture is soooo cute!!
I was done at two also, Jennifer. Of course, I'm older than you but I also felt like our family was complete. What a relief it was the day my daughter, in anothernof her tantrums, tore through the umbrella part of her stroller! I said, "Fine, now you can walk everywhere!" I like increasingly communicative kids, and, though it's sad sometimes when i look at all the years that are gone, at some point, each phase of parenthood has to end.
ReplyDelete