This past Sunday, we took the kids to the boardwalk. The majority of the time, Noah was whining about being bored and my favorite line, " There's nothing to DO here!" Really? REALLY? Because you are surrounded by fudge, candy and ice cream shops, arcades, a fun house, a little carnival, places to eat and, oh yes, there's the sand and the WATER.
I grew up on the beach too. But the beach I grew up on consisted of sand and water. That was it. There literally was nothing to do there but play in the sand and water. There weren't even restaurants except one little hamburger shack you passed driving in on the peninsula.
So, Mister Noah, fruit of my loins, the next time you complain about being bored, look around you:






I know, son, life is rough. I don't see anything to do either.
The next time you come down you need to take him to the beach you grew up on. LOL
ReplyDeleteNana and Baby Girl went to our beach on Friday and she had so much fun she never wanted to come home. Maybe we could get them together and they could balance each other out.
That expression on Noah's face in the picture of him and Zoe says it all...LOL! It looks like a fun day to me!
ReplyDeleteWhy do my kids think I'm the cruise director of their lives? Sometimes they have to make their own fun. But it is interesting that sometimes the most fun they have is unstructured.
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand, you know the problems I've had with my son and electronics. Was Noah recently yanked away from a gameboy??? :) I know that kind of whining well!