Friday, June 18, 2010

Ice Cream Wars, Part 2: Underdog Prevails, Mom Fails

Mister Softee came back last night!!

Noah came rushing in the house screaming that Mister Softee was coming. I stuck my head out the door and it seemed he was inching perilously close to our house. I ran back inside to grab the money we've had sitting out for three days now to purchase ice cream only to realize it was gone.

Mister Softee was tied up two streets over with customers, so I frantically started searching around while texting my husband at work to ask if he had seen the money.

Within a minute I had my reply. My husband took the money to work with him. Mister Softee was going to pass our house at last and we had no money with which to purchase ice cream.

He did pass. We didn't get ice cream. Noah has still not forgiven me (or his father).



Here's hoping he comes back tonight!

2 comments:

  1. DANG IT!! Noah will need counseling at the rate you guys are going! LOL Now, you better up the anti - have the money & a camera ready so that you can properly document and celebrate the occassion with photos to pass on to your grandchildren....and of course show, as proof, to Noah's therapist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is like a Softee soap opera. Put a sign in your yard that you love Mr. Softee. I bet the two guys are battling it out for the territory.

    ReplyDelete