I have mentioned before that I love to watch the show The Big Bang Theory. The character Sheldon Cooper portrayed by actor Jim Parsons reminds me so much of my son it is downright comical. I swear this is a sneak peak of my son's future persona. The first time my husband and I watched the show, we pegged the Noah/Sheldon connection; but then as we got to know the character, we realized that Sheldon is from East Texas (as are my husband and I originally) and calls his grandmother, "Memaw" (Noah has a Memaw too).
The season finale of The Big Bang Theory ended with Sheldon meeting his female counterpart. Earlier in the episode, Howard and Raj who are always participating in different antics to meet women, jokingly signed Sheldon up for an online love match service arguing that the formula used to match the potential mates was "scientific". Much to their dismay, the site came back with a match for Sheldon and they decided at that point to tell Sheldon and have him go meet his match. Sheldon, of course, refused and doubted the validity of the service. So, Raj and Howard bribed Sheldon by hiding a dirty sock in his apartment and telling him they would not tell him where it was unless he went to meet his date.
The episode ends with them walking into the coffee shop and the girl ( played by Mayim Bialik- formerly the star of Blossom who left acting for awhile and went on to earn her PhD in neuroscience) approaching Sheldon and introducing herself. Sheldon promptly tries to invalidate her by telling her she has been deceived by a flawed dating service but she retorts that she is only there because she promised her mother that she would date at least once a year. She goes on to tell him that, "all physical contact up to and including coitus is off the table." , at which point Sheldon looks impressed and asks if he can buy her a drink. She replies, " Tepid water, please." And we pan to Howard and Raj standing open-mouthed and Howard saying, "WHAT have we done?"
I'm telling you all this to tell you that I often wonder what Noah's future love life is going to be like. He is an awkward little boy and I often wonder if he will find someone that truly fulfills him and makes him happy. After watching that particular episode of The Big Bang Theory, I started thinking again about Noah and if he would one day find someone. And then I remembered, I have already met Noah's female counterpart.
Her name is Alexis and she is seven years old. Her mother used to listen to my Noah stories and tell me that Alexis was just like him and I didn't know wether or not to believe her. I didn't know if I was truly getting the reality of Noah's quirks across to her. But then one day, we went for a playdate at Alexis' house. Alexis took Noah upstairs to show him her room and Zoe, Alexis' little brother, Chase, Chase's mom and I stayed downstairs. A few minutes later, Zoe followed the bigger kids upstairs. Zoe saw Alexis' room and thought she was in heaven. A big girl's room filled with loads of girly things. Exactly two minutes later, Alexis appeared downstairs holding Zoe's hand and said the following:
"Umm.... can you keep Zoe downstairs? There are no age-appropriate activities in my room for her. All of my things are for ages three and up and it could be a safety hazzard for her."
I sat there stunned for a moment. "Age-appropriate activities"?? And then I started laughing. This absolutely sounded like something that would come out of Noah's mouth.
Noah and Alexis played the rest of the time nicely in her room and got along very well. I haven't yet convinced her mother to go ahead and sign a betrothal agreement.
I guess there is someone for everyone.
I don't think I want to meet Zoe's counterpart. Not yet. I don't think I have the nerves to handle two of them.
This post is linked in with Friday Follow Me
OMG, I'm laughing so hard. I loved that episode and I can picture perfectly in my head what you described. I'm so glad that Noah has found a like minded friend.
ReplyDeleteI just read your comment on my blog about my hubby deploying and yours leaving in January. I hope he will at least be going somewhere safe. I know it can be tough! Us military wives have to stick together!!!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Lindsay