Thursday, June 17, 2010

Symbolism ?

Zoe is still not potty trained (or even remotely interested), but when she needs to go poop, she goes in her room, closes her door and plays while she does her business. This is the only time of the day that she isn't attached to me other than nap time (seriously, she is sitting in my lap right now).

Therefore, when she disappears into her room and I hear her door close, I foresee a diaper change in my near future. I'm psychic like that. This afternoon, right after eating lunch ( and right on schedule) she disappeared into her room and I heard the door shut.

I chose to use that moment without her attached to me to put away some laundry I had folded earlier. As I was walking down the hall, I noticed this:



Now, I know what that means among roommates...it's a "Do Not Disturb" sign. Is this coincidence or is my daughter much more advanced than I previously thought? I mean, she was in need of privacy at that moment. Hmmm...


**note: when I uploaded this photo ( since, remember, Zoe is sitting in my lap) Zoe said, " Ohhh! Say, 'cheese', dress! " She was telling her dress to say "cheese" for the camera. My daughter is such an attention-loving ham, it is even rubbing off on her apparel.

2 comments:

  1. That's funny. And man she reminds me a lot of Baby Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This girl is going to be a BLAST at parties in college! LOL

    ReplyDelete