This is funny because just yesterday my husband and I were having this conversation.
ME: (with sound of two-year-old tantrum in background) I wish I could have a timeout.
HUBBY: Maybe we should start doing that. If one of us really needs a break, the other can just send us to our room for a timeout. We can even stomp in there and slam the door. That would be fun.
ME: (dreamily) Yeah.... thirty-seven minutes to myself would be bliss. I'm sure they'd just follow us, though.
HUBBY: You're probably right.
**comfortable silence while we both imagine how wonderful the land of time-out would be**
ME: (crashing back to reality) No! We can't do that. It would be bad.
HUBBY: Why!!??
ME: Because I can already see myself just walking up to a kid and smacking them just so you will put me in timeout.
HUBBY: *snicker* Yeah, I can see that. Perhaps it isn't such a good idea, afterall
Ok, that was really funny. I totally think you should do it. Without having to smack the kid of course.
ReplyDeleteI really like the "time-out contemplation" moment...
ReplyDeleteThanks for the visit, Jennifer!
Makes sense to me.
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I have had almost the same conversation recently. Well, except for the kid smack of course.
ReplyDeleteI think think you an evil genius and that sounds like a fantastic plan. I'd be a hair pulling, toy taking, biting mess if that would actually work :)
ReplyDeleteYes, I'd like a time out. I'd also like time in the bathroom without someone walking in or knocking...
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower to yours as well! Your children are beautiful, not to mention your little girl, stunning! Looks just like you! :D
ReplyDelete