Wednesday, February 10, 2010

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Join 'Em

By " 'em" I mean Mother Nature. The nasty skank.

In the middle of Snowmaggeddon, The Sequel, I decided I wanted to order some cute snow boots. I have some practical ones, for playing outside and shoveling the snow, but I am lacking when we decide to go out somewhere and I want to wear something cute and still keep my feet warm and dry.

So, today, while I ignored the elements and how they had lost their ever-loving mind, I shopped online. A little retail therapy coupled with a glass of sangria... exactly what I needed.

It occured to me after I hit the "submit order" button that after three major storms, we are most likely done for the season. Now, I know anything can happen, because after the FIRST storm, I thought we were done and then we went and had two more. BUT.. if we are going by my luck, it won't snow again this winter... and we probably won't have another significant snow until after I leave New Jersey. Therefore, I will be unable to wear my new boots.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I just bribed Mother Nature with $75 boots to finally end the snow.

You can thank me later.


**edited to add- I have had several people mention the fact that it is supposed to snow again on Monday/Tuesday. Mother Nature is a sneaky gal... if it snows then, it doesn't render the deal invalid, because my boots are not due to arrive until the end of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment