I do absolutely love having seasons here. I love the stunning colors you create in the autumn.
I appreciate, perhaps more than I ever did when I lived in the south, the first signs of life in the spring. I am absolutely elated when the bulbs start peeking through the ground and the earth magically comes back to life seemingly overnight.
I realize you have given me a reprieve from a large amount of snow for the past few years. But, do you have to catch up for that all in one winter? Have I done something to offend you? Yes, the snow IS beautiful when it covers the otherwise, dull, lifeless landscape. But, it's cold. And it's wet. I don't like getting my pants legs and feet wet. I don't like tracking all that dirty moisture in the house. It's messy.
I had to make an unexpected trip to Texas at the end of December and I was excited to get a little break from it and enjoy some warmer weather. But, you sent it with me. The entire time I was there, they had record-breaking temperatures. It was COLD! When I left, it warmed back up.
Because of the lack of significant snow in the past few years, I tried to be tolerant of the December storm.
I was happy to get the big event of the winter over with and out of the way. So, imagine my surprise when you decided to bring another one our way this past weekend.
Well, ok. We had a really good time sledding on Sunday.
I'll give you that. But, COME ON! Another one? The forecast shows us getting another twelve to eighteen inches on Wednesday.
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". What has happened, Lady? Have you been wronged? I am happy to atone for my transgressions, but you must let me know what I've done.
Or.. is it, that you are a child at heart? You thought I needed the glare off the snow to brighten the darkened days? You wanted to hurl a few snowballs playfully in my direction? Well, I can appreciate your wanting to play. I enjoy communing with you. But, as one of your dear children, I feel it necessary to be honest.
I think you are more beautiful in the spring. I enjoy your company much more in the summer and I like to quietly reflect with you in the autumn about the glorious year you are wrapping up. But, I am not a fan of winter games. I came out, I played and now I'm going back inside.
I'll see you in the spring. I'll be wearing my flip flops.
**note: all photos are my personal property- autumn photo- Smith's Woods Fall 08- Smithville, NJ; daffodil- my flower bed, spring 09; ladybug- Johnson's Farm, summer 09; first snow photo- my front yard, Dec 09; next two snow photos- Feb'10; sledding photo- North Hanover Twp Feb '10

OMG. That picture of the snow by the door. Craziness.
ReplyDelete