Saturday, February 20, 2010

Foreshadowing

Sometimes God gives us little sneak peeks into our future, but we don't realize it. In the literary world that would be called foreshadowing. Who knew God was so freakin' hilarious?

This was taken the end of June, 2008. Zoe was 10 months old and we were getting ready to go to a performance and fireworks show. Zoe got her first black eye (trying to figure out how to get over/through a safety gate) and I took this picture of her because I thought it was cute, yet sad. My beautiful sweet little innocent baby girl with a boo-boo.


I found it while browsing through older pictures on the computer last night and chuckled to myself. I had no idea this was just the beginning. She AIN'T no sweet little girly-girl. She's tough, stubborn, fearless and sometimes a little bit mean.

Rock on, Zoe. Rock. On.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for this beautiful post, it was symbolic for me today and touched my heart! blessings to you! ;) ~Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary qualities when they are little, but definitely a trait you want her to carry into adulthood.

    ReplyDelete