I had to get up out of the chair and go in there. I was dying to know what a "bike hooker" was. He had a bungee cord. I was so relieved he hadn't broken into the lucrative sex slave business at the tender age of six.
I do not like my daughter right now. She is two. From the moment she wakes up in the morning, to the moment I put her in bed, she is whining, crying and more often than not, sitting in time-out for screaming at me.
This morning, she got up an hour and a half earlier than she normally does. My alarm had not gone off yet either. I heard her door open, I heard her little footsteps come in my room and felt her breath on my face as she stood right in front of me. I kept my eyes closed hoping she would go back to bed ( yeah.. I don't know what alternate universe that would actually WORK in.. but I was hoping). About a half second after I was aware of her breath on my face, I heard, " MOMMY NO BED!!!!" at the loudest possible volume that could come out of her mouth.
I calmly got up and told her she needed to go back to bed. " NOO!" she screamed. She was obviously still tired. I threatened her with a time-out for screaming at me and she screamed " NO TIME OUT!!" at which point I not-so-calmly put her in time-out.
That is how my morning started. It has been like that all morning and I am counting down to naptime. Honest to God, right now she is lying in the middle of the living room floor repeating " Mommy, want juice!" it is getting increasingly louder and more frantic. She asked for milk ten minutes ago and when I set it in front of her, she shoved it and said, " NO MILK! WANT JUICE!" I told her she needs to drink the milk she asked for before she can have some juice. So, now, she is lying in the floor demanding juice while I ignore her.
It's going to snow again. I will have both kids home with me tomorrow all day. Yipee.
I was miserably ill for two weeks and was finally feeling back to my old self again last week. Sunday, my throat started hurting. I thought it was just from being outside in the snow. I began to feel increasingly worse yesterday and today am back to where I was three weeks ago.
I am over snow and I am over colds. Enough already.
Back in October, I posted on my Facebook page that I desperately wanted a particular book. I am impatient like that. I decide I want something and I want it right then ( hmmmm.... mental connection made to my daughter who is still demanding juice). Anyway, it was late at night and I was not going to be able to drive to the bookstore for a few days. My step mother posted back, " You should get a Kindle. I love mine and if you wanted a book, you could get it instantly." I was thinking, " What in the heck is a Kindle?" I am sooooo not cool when it comes to the latest gadgets. So, I looked it up and thought it looked really cool. I've been thinking about it off and on since then.
When we went home to Texas in December, my friend Michelle was talking about hers. And when she pointed out the fact that she was getting rid of all her books and just going to keep her favorites on her kindle, I decided I had to have one. You see... if there is one thing I love more than being creative... it's organizing and purging. ( purging stuff, not food.. I could never do that. I love food way too much for that.)
Last week a box arrived at my house. My husband is forever ordering things so I figured it was something for him. When he got home, he handed it to me. It was a Kindle. For the record, I love it!!
I really hope they still have the preschool program next year. Because Zoe is going to preschool.
I found a fabric softener I really loved. I am in love with the scent. And then one day, they didn't have it at the grocery store. I have since checked every store within a 15 mile radius and none of them have it. I want to the website and it is still listed like they sell it. There is no information on it being discontinued. I'm just wondering why I find things I really like and then they are no longer available.
My hair stylist moved to another salon that is farther away than I am willing to drive. I am in desperate need of a hair cut, but have nowhere to go. I have tried other places around here with disastrous results. I don't know what my sitting around sulking is going to accomplish. I guess I think that if I wait long enough, someone awesome will show up at my door and offer to cut my hair.
I love being crafty and creative. So what does it say about me that I haven't purchased or made anything for Valentine's Day? Nothing. I need to come up with something quick so Noah has valentines to take to school Friday. I'm not in the mood.
I know what I need to get me out of my funk. I need SPRING! Sunshine and green leaves, warmer weather. I need to get out of this house with this kid. As is, everytime we leave, Zoe starts begging, " My house! My house!"
So.. I'm over it. I'm over having a cold. I'm over snow. I'm over two-year-olds.
Sorry for all the grumpiness. I'm having a bad day.
For more randomness, visit The Un-Mom.
I hope your week gets better. I cannot imagine so much snow! Or being sick for 3 weeks! I'm on my 5th day of being sick and I'm going crazy!!! Try to get lost in your kindle. I love mine! I'm reading an awesome book right now called Redemption. I guess that is the only upside to being sick - I get to stay in bed and read. And I don't feel guilty about it!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from the Un Mom…
ReplyDeleteDon't know how they do it, but so often children are stuck on getting that ONE thing that all logic escapes them. Even if you give them something better, they still want that ONE thing.
Whenever I get the winter blahs, I go to the conservatory and look at some green. If you have one in your area— go (you will not regret it).
Bike hooker? Funny.
ReplyDeleteHappy RTT!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/02/are-you-tired-of-all-of-super-bowl.html
I love how you calmly went from tantrum to more snow. I would be over all that stuff too.
ReplyDeleteTonight, lock her door.
Oh, and I forgot to add that now you can be cool at dance class. LOL
ReplyDeleteHey Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm sorry you're stuck in the North with all that snow. My son (who had only even SEEN snow twice in his life) just moved to Michigan. He is having a rude awakening right about now.
ReplyDeleteYour daughter is having a grand ole time with those terribles twos, isn't she? Hang in there. Before you can turn around good - she'll be fourteen and going to her first dance!
My 2 year old sounds a lot like yours. I'm not sure how or when he got this way because up until recently he was the sweetest little thing. Them days are gone! Too bad the snow can disappear similarly. So happy to get that little email from you today. Get ready to post for votes starting on Monday!
ReplyDelete